Wednesday 28 February 2018

Sculpture by the sea: Beauty and the Beast

Sculpture by the Sea is an annual event held in Sydney, Bondi Beach.
This is a model and a poster concerning the marine debris and its impact on ocean creatures. The poster is a montage of the sculpture, which is a whale and a real site in Bondi.

I went to Bondi many times to pick the best position for the sculpture. One 5 o'clock morning I was there sitting on a rock watching the sunrise and a group of dolphin caught my vision. Since the sculpture took inspiration from whale which is a kind of mammal, the real encounter with dolphins, which is mammal as well, gave me a very special feeling toward this project.

The scene that a group of dolphins migrating in the sunrise will never fade in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment